Soares Family in Brazil

Soares Family with Atletas em Acao

We are missionaries in Brazil working with Atletas em Acao. AeA is a sports ministry that uses sports as a platform to share with athletes about Jesus Christ

June 24, 2010

Hanging Out

The kids and I are here at our house while Rogerio is gone. I can not drive the van because I need a bus license so we are home. What have we been doing?? I do not have our camera or I would share some pictures.

Watching lots of soccer world cup games not only Brazil but others.

This morning I was picking oranges from our tree to make juice

Timothy had the idea from some of his Washington friends to make guns out of wood. All the kids have been making them and playing all kinds of games with them. Timothy tried to wear his camoflauge stuff from his friend Hayden but just too hot here.

Rebeca follows everyone around. She and Jessica like to sit at their table and color. Rebeca still calls everyone mom especially Jessica and me.

I finished one of the Yada Yada Prayer Group books. Now I am reading the Shack. I know that it is contraversal. I wanted to read it becausee Brazil is where the book is selling the best. I actually am finding it really interesting.

Making three meals of day for the group. I have to get use to that again!

I read the verse the other day from Paul who reminds us to be content in every circumstance. Phillipines 4:11-13. In some circumstances it is easier to be content but the command is the same. As the kids and I adjust to living here in Brazil we all need to remember this verse.

No comments: