Soares Family in Brazil

Soares Family with Atletas em Acao

We are missionaries in Brazil working with Atletas em Acao. AeA is a sports ministry that uses sports as a platform to share with athletes about Jesus Christ

September 18, 2011

Broken Washing Machine

The story of the washing machine is long. It was actually my fault that it is broken. I plugged it in wrong because the watts are different here. We have been plugging it into a transformer. For some reason I was not thinking very clearly and I plugged it in the wrong way. When I remembered and unplugged it I thought that it was ruined and we would have to buy a new one! I prayed, oh no!! God was merciful to me in my foolishness. We only need to replace a part which is R$250. Now we are waiting or the part. It has been one week so the next picture is my washing area. Washing clothes by hand for 7 people is challenging but I am learning a good lesson and I am thankful for my washing machine!! All the kids are helping wash a few things!! There is nothing pretty about this part of our house. It is the only part we have outside. This is where Lady is suppose to be. The wall is then the next house. Thankfully I do have a dryer but hanging the clothes a little bit because they are too wet to put in the dryer right away. It is hot here but muggy so the clothes are hard to dry. I am thankful for the dryer. 99% of the people here do not have dryer. I have never seen one here to buy.

About two weeks ago Tiago plugged in the microwave wrong so it did burn out. Thankfully we did not get too mad at him. Then I did it!



No comments: