Soares Family in Brazil

Soares Family with Atletas em Acao

We are missionaries in Brazil working with Atletas em Acao. AeA is a sports ministry that uses sports as a platform to share with athletes about Jesus Christ

February 17, 2012

Scripture Memory

This is the 4th verse or set of verses for the year. I am memorizing Galatians 2:20-21 in Portuguese. It is a familiar verse in English but not Portuguese. I am teaching the 5 year old class at the International school Psalms 23. It is so fun to hear them reciting verses in English. We are on verse 2. The older kids at the International school are excited about memorizing their verse to get points each week for their houses(teams) Two of the 5th grade girls recited their verse to me today in English and I have beginnners. Nothing I like to hear more. Rebeca here at our house is learning the Lord's Prayer. Stephanie and Jessica are learning two verses a month with us. It is my desire to help them develop this habit to memorize scripture and reading their Bible.

Susan Galatas 2:20-21 "Fui crucificado com Cristo. Assim, ja nao sou eu quem vive, mas Cristo vive em mim. A vida que agora vivo no corpo, vivo a pela fe no filho de Deus, que me amou e se entregou por mim. Nao anulo a graca de Deus, pois se a justica vem pela Lei Cristo morreu nutilmente."

No comments: