Soares Family in Brazil

Soares Family with Atletas em Acao

We are missionaries in Brazil working with Atletas em Acao. AeA is a sports ministry that uses sports as a platform to share with athletes about Jesus Christ

June 07, 2012


Dear Family and Friends,


The countdown continues…  Here we are counting down until Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Chris, Aunt Debbie, Sidney and Ashley arrive in Brazil for a 10 day visit.  They  come on June 28th.  This is the last day of school for the kids so a great way to start our vacation. 


Prayer and Praises from May and for June


Praises

New House-  The first of May we rented a different house and we are so thankful. It is right by the school in a great location.  It is big with rooms and bathrooms for everyone.  We pray God helps us use it or his glory.



Training with the 5 leaders is going well.  They are preparing one of the Community churches to start having basketball and soccer practices during the week.


Tuesday Bible Studies- Last week I shared with the girls my testimony and the 4 spiritual laws or them to have a clear picture of why and how they need to have a relationship with Jesus.  Rogerio continues with the boys too.  We will take a break in July and continue in August when school starts. 


Basketball Practices- Rogerio has more and more kids coming to practices at the public school.  He signed up the kids to play in the basketball league here but it has not started yet.  The kids are excited and get better. 


Prayer

English Camp- The last week of school we will be having an English camp at the International School.  It is like a week of vacation Bible School.  This week we really explain to the kids how to have a relationship with God.  We will be having a group from Indiana help us this week.



Family visit- June 28th until July 10th our family will be visiting.  They will get to see what we are involved in here in the North.  We will stay a few days at the beach.  Uncle Chris is coming prepared to do a baseball clinic with some of the kids we work with.  We will be doing lots and lots of visiting.  Oh the things that they will get to see in the city of Carpina in Northeast Brazil.



AIA Men’s Basketball Team will be coming in July- They will be playing games and doing clinics in Recife and Carpina.  The Women’s AIA team that planned to come is going to Australia because Rogerio was not able to find women’s teams during this time for them to play.



Women’s Soccer team In August-  Our friend Megan is bring a soccer team to help us in the ministry here.




Our Family

Everyone is doing well.  Rebeca turned 4 in May and speaking more and more now is Portuguese because be she spends the morning at school.  Some of her phrases will be English other Portuguese and others a mix of the two.  She is learning to swim now because our house is in a condominium with a pool! 



The older kids are ready for the winter break.  I say winter but it was 73 degrees when I woke up at 5 am this morning and hit 85 degrees or more at lunch. 



Grandpa promised $100 to the kids when they passed him in height.  We think Timothy just might be taller than he is now.  Grandpa better come prepared to pay!! 



My new Kindle Fire I LOVE IT!!  Rogerio ordered it for me for my birthday and a friend bought it from the US to me.  Suddenly the world of books was opened to me again.  I have read so many great ones in the last two months!  I read the Hunger Game series to see why Timothy was excited about them.  I read Unbroken from my friend Jermaine.  My friend Martha had downloaded many free book for me.  Right now  I am reading “In the Presence of my Enemies”  about the missionaries that were taken hostage in the Philippines.  I did not think I would ever say it but I love reading the Bible on it too.  I am so thankful or this little device.  Even the kids are interests now is reading more books.   I just am finishing a  real book “Stand- A Call for the Endurance of the Saints” by John Piper and Justin Taylor. I wanted to share with you what Jerry Bridges wrote,  it was a encouragement to me

Jerry Bridges wrote a section called Four Essential Actions  to Finishing Well.

1.        Daily time with God

2.       Reviewing the Gospel message daily

3.       Being a living sacrifice

4.       Believing  God is all powerful and a loving God



Hope these encourage you as well to finish strong and not give up! 

Thank you for being involved with us here in Northeast Brazil.  Thank you for working tirelessly and not giving up with the work here.

God Bless You

Serving with You,

Rogerio and Susan Soares






No comments: