Soares Family in Brazil

Soares Family with Atletas em Acao

We are missionaries in Brazil working with Atletas em Acao. AeA is a sports ministry that uses sports as a platform to share with athletes about Jesus Christ

July 18, 2012

July 15th Verse

God's world is beautiful!  What he creates is beautiful and getting to see it under the water is amazing.  I made myself scubba drive with Timothy and Chris.  For anyone that is older over 40 sometimes easier to say no.  Age makes a person less brave.  I was glad that I went and learned something new. 

The beauty of the ocean, beach and the fish is striking contrast to the verses that I am memorizing this two weeks in Colossians 3:5-8
"Put to death therefore whatever belongs to your earthly nature, sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed which is idolatry.  Because of these things the wrath of God is coming.  You used to walk in these things in the life you once lived. But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these, anger, rage,malice, slander, and filthly language from your lips."

Our old life was filled with so many ugly things and we still forget we are walking in our new life and resort to doing the old things. 

This is month 7 in memorizing our verses.  Today was actually one of the first days in many days that I did not run with Lady so it is easy to forget about practicing my verses but I will not give up and I will press on!

No comments: